Making pizza at home has never been easier! Add veggie sticks and fruit for dessert for a great weeknight dinner. Use toppings such as pepperonis, bell peppers, or olives to make fun designs on your pizza.
Better Baking Mix (Pizza Dough) *makes 9 servings
4 cups flour
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup nonfat dry milk
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 Better Baking Mix
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
oregano (or Italian herb blend)
1 can mozzarella cheese (part-skim, grated)
Pizza Dough Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Store in a closed, covered can or rigid plastic container, or sealed heavy plastic bag.
- Label and date the container. Use within 6 months.
- Stir lightly before use in recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 12 x 15 inch or larger baking sheet, or 12-inch pizza pan.
- Measure mix into a bowl. Add oil and water. Stir to form soft dough.
- Transfer dough onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with flour. Dip fingers in flour and pat dough into a circle about 11-12 inches across.
- Spread pizza crust with tomato sauce. Leave about 1/2 inch around edge with no sauce.
- Sprinkle with onion, seasoning and cheese
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are brown and cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.
Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner
Food group: Vegetables, Dairy
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall