This variation of a Navajo bread uses half whole wheat flour for added nutrition.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together well (or use fork). Add warm water and oil and mix just until blended. If you like firmer bread mix on floured flat surface about 10 times.
- Let it rest for a minute, and then spread out onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet to 1 inch thickness. Poke holes in the dough using a fork.
- Cook in a greased frying pan over medium heat, allowing about 15 minutes for each side. Use two lifters for easy turning.
- You can also make this bread in the oven. Bake on a greased baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve this bread with a hearty soup or chowder on a cold day. Your family will love the combination. There are several delicious recipes available on The Recipe Box website.