Roasting Brussels sprouts creates a warm, flavorful, and versatile vegetable dish.
6 cups Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut large Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom; leave small Brussels sprouts whole.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once after 10 to 15 minutes. Sprouts should be tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lemon juice.
Try adding other seasonings with the lemon juice such as red pepper flakes or parmesan cheese.
Meal Type: Dinner
Category: 30 Minutes or Less
Food group: Vegetables
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall