These healthy, fruity nachos are simple enough for kids to make.
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 medium apples (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (unsalted and shelled)
1/4 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened [or raisins])
1 tablespoon chocolate chips (mini)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy style)
5 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub apples under cool running water.
- Add lemon juice to sliced apples to reduce browning.
- Spread apple slices on a plate.
- Top apple slices with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and mini chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a small, microwaveable safe container. Microwave 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Be careful when removing from microwave.
- Drizzle peanut butter sauce over apple slices.
Meal Type: Snack
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Fruits, Protein
Season: Winter, Fall