Use leftover bread to make this kid-friendly Applesauce French Toast.
1/2 cup milk (nonfat or 1%)
2 teaspoons sugar (white)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
6 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
- Lightly spray or oil a skillet or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To use sweetened applesauce, remove about 3/4 teaspoon of sugar from the measured amount.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
Meal Type: Breakfast
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Grains
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall