These avocado deviled eggs are great as a snack or side.
- To hard-boil eggs, place in a medium to large saucepan and cover with water by about 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for 12-13 minutes, then carefully transfer to ice water
- Peel the hardboiled eggs, then slice in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and transfer to a small bowl. Mash into small pieces with a fork.
- Add the avocado, lemon juice or vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper. Mash with the fork to combine, adding more lemon juice or vinegar and/or oil to adjust the flavor and consistency as desired.
- Using two spoons, one to scoop and one to scrape, divide the egg yolk-avocado mixture between the egg white halves (~1 tablespoon each).
- Sprinkle the paprika over the tops of the filled eggs.
- Serve right away, or chill before serving if desired.
Consider adding other spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, or cayenne