This fall-inspired recipe is a warm, sweet side dish.
1 hour, 15 minutes
2 small acorn squashes
3 cups apple (chopped)
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cut squash in halves and scoop out seeds.
- Place squash in a baking dish with hollow side up; fill centers with apple.
- Pour a little water into the dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until partly done.
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and nutmeg and dot with fat.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
Meal Type: Dinner
Food group: Fruits, Vegetables
Season: Winter, Fall