This frozen treat uses only one simple and cost-friendly ingredient: bananas.
- Peel bananas and put in freezer.
- Wait for bananas to freeze (three hours or more) then remove.
- Place bananas in food processor for about five minutes.
- Take out of processor and enjoy.
- Add fruits such as strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry for a sweet recipe or something savory like canned cooked beans, peanut butter, or jalapeños for a richer flavor.
- This is a great recipe to make when you have extra bananas or bananas are on sale. Stick any extra bananas in the freezer and prepare the ice cream whenever you want a healthy treat.