This energy-boosting Breakfast Banana Split recipe is a great way to start the day!
2 banana splits
1 small banana
1/2 cup cereal (oat, corn, or granola)
1/2 cup yogurt (low-fat vanilla or strawberry)
1/2 teaspoon honey (optional, skip for children under the age of one)
1/2 cup pineapple (canned, tidbits or chunks, drained)
- Peel and split banana lengthwise. Place half in two separate cereal bowls.
- Over each banana, spoon yogurt, sprinkle cereal and drizzle honey, if desired.
- Top with pineapple and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other flavors of low fat yogurt or even cottage cheese.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
- Some foods can cause choking in young children. Be sure that fruit pieces are very small and soft for toddlers. Avoid grapes, chunks of pineapple or melon. Instead, use softer canned fruit, such as fruit cocktail.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Add nuts or seeds for more protein.
Meal Type: Breakfast, Snack
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Fruits, Dairy, Grains
Season: Spring, Summer