This energy-boosting Breakfast Banana Split recipe is a great way to start the day!
- Try other flavors of low fat yogurt or even cottage cheese.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
- Some foods can cause choking in young children. Be sure that fruit pieces are very small and soft for toddlers. Avoid grapes, chunks of pineapple or melon. Instead, use softer canned fruit, such as fruit cocktail.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
- Add nuts or seeds for more protein.
- Peel and split banana lengthwise. Place half in two separate cereal bowls.
- Over each banana, spoon yogurt, sprinkle cereal and drizzle honey, if desired.
- Top with pineapple and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.