Try this tortilla-less take on a burrito for an easy lunch or dinner.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers. Sauté until tender. Stirring occasionally. Place on a clean plate or bowl.
- In the same pan, add meat and sauté until browned. Add chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin and stir until combined. Set aside.
- When rice is finished cooking, turn off heat. Fluff with fork. Add fresh cilantro, rinsed black beans, lime juice, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Assemble burrito bowls and top with desired toppings. Try shredded lettuce, salsa, jalapenos, plain yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours and use within 4 days.
- This recipe can be customized with whatever vegetables or toppings you have on hand.
- Get creative with toppings! Try lettuce, plain Greek yogurt, salsa, jalapeno, avocado or guacamole.
- Reduce the sodium by using low or reduced salt beans and by rinsing the beans.