Looking for a quick, filling lunch? Try this Fish Taco Salad!
- Cook fish:
- In a Skillet - Spray or lightly oil a skillet. Add seasoned fish and cook over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until flesh starts to appear white. Turn fish over and cook until it flakes easily.
- In the Oven - Put seasoned fish in a baking pan and cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven until fish flakes.
- Under a Broiler - Place seasoned fish on a broiler pan. Broil several inches from the heat until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily.
- To make tacos instead of salad: Warm tortillas. Layer cabbage or lettuce, vegetables of your choice, and fish on the tortilla. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa. Fold in half.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook by your favorite method until it appears opaque and flakes apart easily (see Notes).
- Mix cabbage or lettuce with other vegetables of your choice. Add chunks of fish. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.