Treat yourself and your family to this delicious pasta dish seasoned with Indian spices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in water, diced tomatoes with juice, lentils, cumin, turmeric, and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.