Cook these cheesy beef enchiladas entirely in your microwave in less than 30 minutes.
- Crumble beef into a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole and stir in the chopped onion. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until the beef reaches 155° F. Stir every 2 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked, stir to break up the meat and drain the extra fat into a spare bowl and
throw away when cool.
- Stir in the spinach, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave if desired.
- Spoon ⅓ cup filling into the center and fold up. Lay flat in the casserole pan with the seam facing down.
- Mix all ingredients for the enchilada sauce in a microwave safe container. Cover and microwave on high
for 4-6 minutes.
- Pour sauce over tortillas and microwave again on high for 7-9 minutes.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
1. Try using ground turkey instead of beef
2. Add extra vegetables such as chopped tomatoes or peppers
3. Try different types of shredded cheese
4. Add red pepper flakes for a little spice
5. This can also be made on the stove top using a sauté pan
6. Use frozen or fresh spinach