A change-up to the traditional summer grilling fare to perfectly pair with a savory red pepper spread.
8, 4-oz patties
2 pounds ground turkey
2 1/4 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon cumin (ground)
3/4 teaspoon coriander (ground)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup yellow onion (minced)
2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- Combine spices in a small bowl with salt and black pepper.
- Peel onion and garlic, place in a food processor and pulse until you reach a fine dice (1/8 inch). If no food processor is available, onion and garlic can be cut by hand using a knife and cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey, spices, onion and garlic together.
- Divide turkey mixture into 8 even portions. Form each portion into patties and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan on medium high heat. Note: This burger can be cooked on the stove-top in a medium pan if grill or grill pan are unavailable. Pan spray can be utilized for a medium pan or grill pan but is not needed for a grill.
- Once heated, add burgers to the grill and cook on each side until and internal temperature of 165°F is achieved or the burger is cooked thoroughly. Approximately 4 minutes each side.
- Serve on a fresh bun, top with red pepper spread and ENJOY!
Equipment Needed: Measuring cups and spoons, small bowl, medium bowl, spatula, food processor, knife, cutting board, meat thermometer, grill or grill pan (optional)
Meal Type: Lunch
Food group: Protein
Season: Summer, Fall