As the weather cools down, enjoy this stew made with hominy, red chile sauce, and shredded chicken.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté onion in oil until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chile sauce, broth, cumin, oregano and hominy to the onion and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into shallow bowls and add toppings as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- A rotisserie chicken makes this recipe quick to fix.
- No red chile sauce? You can also use 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce.