With hints of pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar, these mouthwatering pancakes can be enjoyed any time of day.
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
1 3/4 cups milk (nonfat)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice using a wire whisk.
- In another bowl combine pumpkin, milk, oil and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until moistened.
- Spoon the batter onto a slightly greased, preheated skillet.
- Cook slowly until bubbles appear on top and bottom becomes golden brown.
- Turn pancakes and cook until other side is golden brown.
- Serve warm. Top with powdered sugar or pancake syrup.
Meal Type: Breakfast
Food group: Vegetables, Grains
Season: Winter, Fall