This delightful chilled salad works as an entree or a side dish.
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water. Boil 1½ cups water in a saucepan, then add the quinoa. Return to boil, then simmer until the water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro, and scallions in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine chopped vegetables with the black beans in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.