Couple bow-tie pasta with veggies for a dish kids will love.
1 1/4 cups pasta (farfalle/bow-tie, whole-wheat, uncooked)
3 cups water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic (clove, minced)
3 1/2 cups zucchini (fresh, unpeeled, shredded; gently wash zucchini under running water before shredding)
1/4 teaspoon salt (table)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil on medium-high heat. Add pasta. Cook for 8 minutes or until al dente (soft to the touch and firm to the bite). Drain water from pasta. Rinse well with cold water.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan on medium heat. Add garlic. Cook for 15–20 seconds. Stir constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 more minutes. Stir frequently. Cook until temperature reaches 140°F.
- Add cooked pasta to pan. Cook for about 2 minutes. Heat to 140°F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve ⅔ cup.
- Contains milk (parmesan cheese) and wheat (pasta).
- Sesame can appear as an ingredient in food where it might not be expected (pasta) and may be included in the ingredient statements as “spice” or “flavoring.”
Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner
Food group: Vegetables, Dairy, Grains
Season: Spring, Summer