The enjoyment of fresh produce enhanced with summer-centric flavors.
- If you do not have a grill, these kabobs can easily be roasted in a pre-heated oven at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Equipment Needed: Measuring cups and spoons, whisk, medium bowl, 1 gallon freezer bag, kabob skewers, marinade brush, grill or grill pan (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, herbs, lemon, salt, black pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil to create a marinade.
- Place onions, yellow squash, green squash and tomatoes in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Pour marinade in bag and shake until all vegetables are coated. Let sit for at least 1 hour. Vegetables can marinate for up to 24 hours, in refrigerator, if you prefer to prep ahead.
- After vegetables are done marinating, prepare skewers starting with green squash flesh side out, then onion, tomato, yellow squash, onion, tomato, and finish with green squash.
- Place constructed kabobs on a hot grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side brushing every few minutes with marinade until cooked through. The squash will be tender and the onions will have a slight char on the edges.
- Serve on the skewers or off the skewer. Enjoy on any summer night.