This Asian-inspired wrap is both savory and sweet, and makes a satisfying lunch option.
1 cup chicken (cooked, diced)
1 cup celery (finely chopped)
2 cups mandarin oranges (canned, drained)
1 cup onion (minced [green, red, or yellow])
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 large tortilla (whole wheat)
4 medium lettuce leaves (washed and patted dry)
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, celery, oranges, and onions.
- Add mayonnaise, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Mix gently until chicken mixture is coated.
- Lay tortilla on clean cutting board or large plate. With a knife or clean scissors, cut tortilla into four quarters.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla quarter, trimming leaf so it doesn’t hang over edge of tortilla.
- Place 1/4 of chicken mixture in the middle of each lettuce leaf.
- Roll tortillas up into a cone, with the two straight edges coming together and the curved edge creating the opening of the cone. Eat like a sandwich!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No oranges? Use halved grapes or diced apples.
- Instead of chicken, try using 1 cup cooked/drained garbanzo beans, or 1 cup of small tofu cubes.
Meal Type: Lunch
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Fruits, Vegetables, Protein, Grains
Season: Spring, Summer