Use your favorite pasta and veggies to make this salad a family favorite. Make a day ahead and allow to chill in the refrigerator overnight so the flavors blend.
- Wash your hands and work area.
- Cook pasta according to package directions but do not add salt to cooking water. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil. Let cool.
- Rinse, drain, and chop remaining ingredients. Combine in a shallow container, such as an 8x8 inch pan.
- Add cooked pasta, and vinegar mixture. Mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve cold using a slotted spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Customize with your favorite pasta and vegetables.