This cheesy pasta recipe is easy to make, and kids love it!
Tiempo de preparación
Tiempo de cocción
1/2 pound ground beef (lean, 15% fat)
1 medium onion (chopped)
3 cups water
1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
2 teaspoons oregano (dried)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves)
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups spaghetti (12 ounces, broken)
1 cup parmesan cheese (4 oz, shredded)
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
- Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
- Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.
Meal Type: Dinner
Food group: Vegetables, Protein, Dairy, Grains
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall