Stuff this cheesy quesadilla with your favorite vegetables.
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups chopped vegetables (tomatoes, green beans, carrots, peppers, zucchini, etc.)
8 whole wheat tortillas
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey until completely cooked. Drain and rinse.
- Add cheese and vegetables.
- Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture on a tortilla. Fold over or roll.
- Heat and lightly brown in skillet or in the oven.
- Quesadillas are a great way to use up leftover cooked meats or vegetables. Just add them instead of the fresh ingredients.
- Make half your plate vegetables! You can stretch food dollars and eat healthier by adding your favorite vegetable to your recipes. Experiment with new foods and have fun!
Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Vegetables, Protein, Dairy, Grains
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall