Making a veggie omelet has never been so easy! Combine all of your ingredients in a mug, pop it in the microwave, and breakfast is ready!
2 tablespoons milk (low-fat or nonfat/skim)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
mushrooms (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Lightly grease the inside of a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug.
- Use a fork to combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in the mug and stir well. Mix in the vegetables and cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir. Return to the microwave and cook on HIGH until the mixture has puffed and set, 60 to 90 seconds. The omelet may look wet on the top but it will dry as it cools.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Customize your quick omelet with your favorite vegetable.
Meal Type: Breakfast
Category: 30 Minutes or Less, Kid-Friendly
Food group: Vegetables, Protein, Dairy
Season: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall